Mechatronics technician: Your job at the switchpoint of our business.
Are you interested in how natural gas makes its way to people and who transports it? Well that’s what we do! With our long-distance pipeline network covering 12,000 km, we are one of Europe´s leading gas transportation companies. To ensure it all functions well, we need people on both the technical and the administrative sides. And that’s where you come in: As a mechatronics technician, you will help us to ensure our mechatronics systems – and thus our entire business – function well.
Our gas pipeline network consists of complex mechanical plants with a variety of electrical, electronic and IT-related elements. All these mechatronic systems need to be maintained regularly, but they must also be expanded and modernised. As a mechatronics technician you are an “all-rounder”, independently maintaining and optimising mechanical and electrical components in our gas network. You’ll seek out system disruptions and keep the machines, as well as measuring, control and regulation systems, in good nick. With modern, sometimes computer-controlled equipment, mechatronics technicians ensure seamless gas transmission.
When training as a mechatronics technician at Open Grid Europe, you first learn the important fundamentals of metals and electrical engineering in order to develop a broad basis of knowledge and skills. These include the production of mechanical components, measuring electrical variables, programming mechatronic systems, building and checking electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems and putting together different types of assemblies. One important element of your training is compliance with occupational safety regulations.
Are you interested in a diverse apprenticeship that is anything but boring, and are you motivated to come and work with us? Then an apprenticeship at OGE is exactly the right choice for you. We look forward to your application!
You can find all our apprenticeship vacancies here:
Your apprenticeship at a glance
Duration of the apprenticeship
Three years (can be reduced in certain circumstances)
Location of the apprenticeship
This apprenticeship is offered at various different sites operated by OGE, although it is not available at every site every year. At our Altenessen site, for example, the apprenticeship for mechatronics technician is offered biennially in each uneven-numbered year.
Who we’re looking for
- A completed school education including a qualification at secondary-school level or above, with good grades in German and maths
- Interest in Interest in mechanics, electrical engineering and computer science
- Good understanding of mathematical and physical correlations
- Interest in developing complex technical systems
- Interest in using measuring equipment and computers, as well as maintenance work on devices, machines and systems
- Capacity for teamwork and concentrated work alone
What we offer
- Intensive support during your apprenticeship
- A meet-up day before your apprenticeship, an exciting induction week together with all other new apprentices and various seminars during the apprenticeship period
- Low-cost use of a fitness studio in Essen
- Lunch in the company's own canteen at the Essen sites
- Attractive fringe benefits
- Joint activities with colleagues, such as team events, company runs, parties and much more