Apprenticeship as an industrial clerk with a degree: Double your strengths for a career with a future.
Are you interested in how natural gas makes its way to people and who transports it? Well that’s what we do! With our long-distance pipeline network covering 12,000 km, we are one of Europe’s leading gas transportation companies. To ensure it all functions well, we need people on both the technical and the administrative sides. And that’s where you come in: As an industrial clerk, you’ll help us manage and steer our business into the future.
During an apprenticeship as an industrial clerk at OGE, you will work in the departments that form the backbone of our company. These include, among others, the HR department, materials management and accounting.
With us, you’ll learn about important areas that are essential for a company to run smoothly. You’ll also experience up close how commercial and political decisions can affect a company.
Using modern communication technology, you will manage data, check figures and control processes. In parallel to your apprenticeship, you will study at the “Hochschule Ruhr West” University of Applied Sciences (HRW) in Mülheim, where you will expand your knowledge of the business world and the energy industry.
During this dual apprenticeship and degree course, you will also gain theoretical and practical experiences within our company, and after the two-year apprenticeship – during your full-time study – you can choose the departments that form the main focus of your studies. You will be helping to shape the future and will gain a dual qualification directly!
The great thing is that you remain directly connected to us and can join OGE after your bachelor’s or master’s degree.
Are you interested in a diverse apprenticeship that is anything but boring, and are you motivated to come and work with us? Then an apprenticeship with a parallel degree course at OGE is exactly the right choice for you. We look forward to your application!
You can find all our apprenticeship vacancies here:
Your apprenticeship at a glance
OGE and higher education: Keeping it varied
During you 2-year apprenticeship you will work for two to three days a week within the company and spend the remaining two or three days attending lectures on “energy and water management“ at HRW in Mülheim (www.hochschule-ruhr-west.de). Once you have completed your apprenticeship you will study full-time for a further five semesters at the HRW. During this time, you will maintain links with Open Grid Europe as a working student. You will complete yours studies with a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Location of the apprenticeship
At OGE in Essen and the HRW Campus in Mülheim an der Ruhr.
Who we’re looking for
- A completed school education including a qualification at high-school level or above, with good grades in German, English and maths
- Interest in gaining a double qualification (vocational training and degree)
- Notable interest in commercial matters and academic work
- Capacity for engaged work as part of a team, but also concentrated work alone
- Enjoyment of using modern IT systems
- Openness and pleasure in dealing with other people
What we offer
- Intensive support during your apprenticeship and studies
- Flexible working hours (38 hours/week)
- Several meet-up days before the apprenticeship, an exciting induction week together with all other new apprentices and various seminars during the apprenticeship period
- Reduced-cost use of a fitness studio in Essen
- Reduced-cost lunch in the company's own canteen at the Essen sites
- Attractive fringe benefits such as special payments, Christmas bonus, travel allowance, exam preparation courses, company pension plans and much more
- Joint activities with colleagues, such as team events, company runs, parties and much more