Laboratory chemist: Your job focussing on the elementary things.
Are you interested in how natural gas makes its way to people and who transports it? Well that’s what we do! With our long-distance pipeline network covering 12,000 km, we are one of Europe’s leading gas transportation companies. To ensure it all functions well, we need people on both the technical and the administrative sides. And that’s where you come in: As a laboratory chemist, you’ll help us to manage the composition and the quality of our gas.
Whether it’s power stations, large industrial companies or public utilities that need gas – quality is key. Similarly, the composition of the natural gas is crucial when it comes to how it is used. Large industrial companies need a high calorific value to keep their production running. Public utilities, meanwhile, need to cater to the needs of households first and foremost.
An apprenticeship as a laboratory chemist offers you excellent future prospects. Whilst training in our laboratory, you will learn such things as the composition and properties of various substances, how to determine concentrations photometrically and how to use measuring technology. With us, you can also prepare and carry out your own experiments, which you will then evaluate accordingly. Occupational safety also plays a major role during the apprenticeship.
Are you interested in a varied apprenticeship that is anything but boring, and are you motivated to come and work with us? Then an apprenticeship at OGE is exactly the right choice for you. We look forward to your application!
You can find all our apprenticeship vacancies here:
Your apprenticeship at a glance
Duration of the apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship begins in August of any given year. It normally takes three and a half years, but this can be reduced in certain circumstances. This apprenticeship is not offered every year. The next start date for the apprenticeship is planned for August 2023.
Location of the apprenticeship
You will be trained in OGE’s own laboratory at our operating site in Altenessen. You will also attend the Essen-West vocational college for the taught modules and will undergo subject-specific training at Evonik Industries AG in Essen (www.evonik.de).
Who we’re looking for
- A completed school education to at least high-school level or above, with good grades in maths, German and chemistry
- An interest in chemical, physical and technical correlations
- Enjoyment of dealing with modern IT systems and working in laboratories
- Keen sense for careful, delicate and precise work
- Affinity for logical thinking
- Capacity for teamwork and concentrated work alone
What we offer
- Intensive support during your apprenticeship
- A meet-up day before your apprenticeship, an exciting induction week together with all other new apprentices and various seminars during the apprenticeship period
- Low-cost use of a fitness studio in Essen
- Lunch in the company's own canteen at the Essen sites
- Attractive fringe benefits
- Joint activities with colleagues, such as team events, company runs, parties and much more